On Tuesday June 25th, SEVT will host the award ceremony of the 9th ECOTROPHELIA 2019 National Competition, in Athens, at Aegli Zappio.
ECOTROPHELIA, the Competition that promotes eco-innovative food products.
- 9 Years of ECOTROPHELIA Greece: 2011-2019
- 440 Greek Students
- 15 Universities & High Education Institutes of the country
- 86 proposals for innovative food products
- 3 products already on the market
- 17 countries at the European ECOTROPHELIA Competition
- 3 Greek Awards at the European Competition (2 Gold & 1 Silver Award)
This year, 9 groups of students from 8 Universities reached the final phase. The aim of the Competition is to give young students, who are engaged in food science, an opportunity to showcase their innovative spirit and creativity and help them contribute to unfold the potential of the Food Industry through their innovative ideas. ECOTROPHELIA is a great platform for innovation and inspiration.
On the day of the ceremony, the products of all teams will be demonstrated, thus giving the chance to the attendees to get to know them and taste them.
The winning team of the National Competition will then participate at the ECOTROPHELIA 2019 European Competition, which will be organized this year during "ANUGA" International Fair in Cologne, in Germany, on 6 & 7/10/2019, confronting the winning teams of the other European countries.
The Greek Food and Drink Industry keeps supporting the new generation that innovates and stands out!